Adult Inpatient Psychiatry – Locums Opportunity in New Zealand
North Island, New Zealand hospital looking for a dedicated general inpatient psychiatrist to join the Mental Health & Addiction Services (MHAS) primarily working in an inpatient setting. The service has embarked on a significant redevelopment program, with a new clinical executive, and multidisciplinary executive leadership team, as well as practicing psychiatrists. Our service is consolidating our recent gains, and our goal in the immediate future is to further develop an integrated range of well-connected services along with our partners in the community.
We have had several new psychiatrists joining the team, and we are looking to recruit another Inpatient Psychiatrist to further enhance the continuity of care we provide to our patient population. We provide comprehensive community-based mental health services across the complete age range, including:
* Child, adolescent, and family mental health services
* Comprehensive community adult services
* Specialist Maori mental health services (Oranga Hinengaro)
* Specialist services for mental health for the elderly
* Specialist community alcohol and drug services, including OST services
* Comprehensive 24-hour acute care services (crisis intervention service)
* Acute inpatient services (including intensive mental health care -26 beds)
* General hospital liaison psychiatry
* Early intervention services
* Intensive community rehabilitation services
Housing, transportation, airfare, and licensing provided!
There are opportunities to participate in the further development of the service delivery model, develop an area of special interest or become involved in research.
Interested? There’s more to tell. Feel free to request information, or just pick up the phone.
Willing to wait for license
Weekdays, full-time assignment
On call is 1:7 – 1:8
8 – 10 patients per day
Close to large city, good hiking, and cycling
DEA and CSP not required
Most assignments provide housing, travel and transportation
Licensing/Registration and immigration assistance
Only US agency currently offering international assignments